|A Benefit for Longview's Stageworks Northwest.|
Instead of the usual theatrical format where the audience stays put and listens to a series of tales, this show will travel to different areas of the old movie theater, such as the projection booth. At each space the audience will hear one tale and then will be ushered through the darkened theater to the next waiting teller.
Sessions of three stories each will begin at 7:30 p.m. and will be cycling all evening. Audience members may arrive at any time before 9:30 p.m. Each session will feature a different mix of tales and tellers. All the stories are either original works by the tellers or adaptations of old tales such as “The Monkey’s Paw.”
Admission is by a donation for each session. Proceeds will benefit the remodeling efforts of Stageworks Northwest.
- Actor and retired Longview School District teacher Mike McElliott, recently seen in "Trouble Bubbles at the Hot Springs"
- Lower Columbia College instructor Roy Staples, whose credits include several “Urban Tellers” shows with Portland Story Theater
- Writer Christopher Mahon, recent graduate of Mark Morris/LCC
- Storyteller/Thespian Jennifer Cheney, former artistic director of Stageworks
- Professional storyteller Leslie Slape, a member of the Stageworks board and a founding member of the Storytellers Network, formed in 1990. She has been a featured storyteller around the Pacific Northwest.
What: Haunted Theatre
Where: 1433 Commerce Ave., Longview, WA
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, July 27-28
Cost: Donations of any amount gratefully accepted
Information: Leslie Slape, 503-556-4048 or 360-431-5332
WARNING: The show may be too intense for young children.