Thursday, March 22, 2012

OPENING THIS WEEKEND: "Sealegs: Board to Death" by Jaynie Roberts

"Sealegs: Board to Death," written by the director, Vancouver playwright and Magenta Theater founder Jaynie Roberts opens this weekend.* The shows are being presented by Vancouver's Magenta Theater at Rosemary's Cafe.

I saw the play ten years ago when it and Magenta Theater debuted and I enjoyed it very much. However, I've been told that this new production is quite different from its original. For one thing, it is no longer a musical.

I will not be reviewing this show, as Magenta has opted out from participation in our review process. Though I cannot recommend the show to you with a formal review, I do wish to support their work.

"Sealegs" shows this weekend and next at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tickets for the dinner theater at Rosemary's Cafe, 1001 Main St. are $30.  For more information or tickets: www.magentatheater.com or 360-635-4358.

*My apologies, I erroneously included it in last weekend's openings as I was going on hearsay because Magenta is not yet sending me their press release information directly. 

By Gregory E. Zschomler